Karaoke Open Mic
We are excited to bring Karaoke back to AnimeUSA 2023! The Luminous Diversion Karaoke Group has been hard at work streamlining processes by moving our song list and sign-ups digital. For those that joined us the last year prior to COVID, you may have seen us testing this new setup and we are pleased to be completely digital! This means that you will be able to review the song list online, even before the convention with the latest additions. You will also be able to sign up to sing digitally! You can find the live song list at https://tinyurl.com/LDKGSongList or you will be able to scan a QR code at the convention!
There will also be a second QR code available for the online sign-up system that will be live at the convention. With over 2200 songs in our list, we hope you will find something that you can sing your heart out to!
So you want to take your karaoke experience to the next level? Well come join us for our Karaoke Contest! This three hour event has up to 25 contestants singing in a first round with the top 3 scores moving to a second round before crowning a winner! Sign-ups will be online this year as we move forward to a fully digital system. Every karaoke contest has really shined our attendees talent and we are excited to once again host this for Anime USA 2023!
Sign ups are now open. Please visit https://forms.gle/
- The contest sign-ups are on a first come first serve basis, so please submit soonest to ensure your spot as we will be limited to 25 contestants. Contest Rules: https://tinyurl.com/KContestRules
- Your song must be from an anime, a video game, J-genre. Please reach out to us if you have a question regarding your song/s.
- If your chosen songs are duplicates of other entrants, we will inform you to determine if you want to continue with your selection or if you would like to change.
- Limited sign-ups will be available at the convention. Once the event has been scheduled, we will provide additional details regarding deadlines. Please be sure that you bring your MP3s with you and have them available on a flash drive. We will not have any other means to pull files.
- Music (not lyrics) from the Karaoke Open Mic program are available for you as well.
- Once you are signed up, you are signed up. No revisions are permitted.
If you have any questions regarding the contest, please email us at LDKaraoke03@gmail.com
Due to the limited time frame for sign-ups, you will be informed either via email (if signed up prior to the convention) or at the convention (if signing up in person) as to your spot in the contest. If all slots have been filled, you will be placed on the back up list in the event a contestant drops out or doesn’t show up. Below are a few (but not all!) of the major contest rules.
- Contestants may either participate as a Single Entry (one person) or a Group Entry (2-5).
- Contestants may only compete once in the contest. When competing as a Group Entry, all members of the group must sing during each round. Group members may not rotate or change between rounds.
- The contest is split into two rounds this year. The following time limits apply for each round. Please note if your song is over the allotted time, we will fade the music out.
- Preliminary Round Song Time Limit: 3:30
- Second Round Song Time Limit: 5:00
- Contestants whose songs are over the time limits described will be faded out at the appropriate time mark for the round.
- Contestants are asked to prepare a different song for each round.
- Songs may be sung with original audio, backing track, or acapella.
- Contestants must remain on stage during their performance.
- Performances must remain family friendly. If staff deems a performance has become obscene or unacceptable, the song will be cut and the contestant disqualified.
This is only a handful of the rules. Please be sure to read ALL RULES located at: https://tinyurl.com/KContestRules